Hey tech enthusiasts, have you recently noticed that your Blink camera has been flashing red? Well, don’t panic just yet! This is a common issue and can be easily resolved. This article will cover some of the most common causes of a flashing red Blink camera and how you can troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Why Is My Blink Camera Flashing Red?
Table of Contents
Your Blink Camera is flashing red because it is trying to connect to your home network. Typically this occurs during the initial setup phase. But it may happen again if you have a network or power outage in your area. Once the camera is back on your home network the flashing red light should top.
How to fix Blink camera flashing red?
Try the following methods to fix your Blink camera flashing red.
Reconnect to WiFi Network
Attempt reconnecting the Blink camera to your WiFi network.
1. Navigate to the WiFi settings and select the option to “forget” your current network.
2. Once the network is forgotten, you can then select your desired network.
3. Enter the network password to reconnect to it.
4. Keep in mind that you may need to be in close proximity to the router for the camera to connect successfully.
Attempt temporarily removing the batteries in the camera and seeing if the blinking red light stops. If that does not work, try replacing the batteries and see what happens.
Reset Blink Camera
Attempt resetting your Blink camera to resolve the flashing red light issue. The reset button is located at the rear of the Blink camera, and you may need a shard object to press the reset button. Once you have reset the camera, connect it back to your home network and see if the red blinking has stopped.
Blink SYNC Module
Resting the Blink SYNC Module typically fixes the flashing red light issue.
1.To reset the Blink SYNC Module, locate the small reset button on the back of the device.
2. Press and hold the button for 10 seconds, or until the LED light on the front of the module starts flashing green.
3. Once the LED light is flashing green, release the button and wait for the module to reconnect to your network.
4. Keep in mind that this will erase any camera-to-module connections you have set up, and you will need to reconnect them after the reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you know if a blink camera is recording?
To know if your blink camera is recording, you can try any of the following steps.
1. Check the indicator light on the front of the camera; if it is solid blue, the camera is actively recording.
2. Check the status of the camera in the Blink app. The camera will display a red dot on the live view screen if the camera is recording.
3. Check your cloud storage. If the camera is recording, it will save the footage to the cloud, which you can access through the app.
4. Check the Blink Sync Module. If the camera is recording, the LED light on the sync module will be flashing blue.
5. Check your notifications. If the camera is recording, you will receive a notification on your phone.
6. Look at the live stream footage, and you will see live footage on the screen if the camera is recording.
How to turn off solid red light on Blink camera?
Once the Blink camera has been connected to your network, the red light should turn off.
We hope this article has been helpful in assisting you with your Blink camera flashing red light issue. If not, we recommend contacting the Blink support team.
Timothy is a tech enthusiast and has been working in the industry for the past 10 years. He has a vast knowledge when comes to technology and likes to help people with this knowledge.